Aboard Great Adventures’ fast catamaran from Cairns, your journey to the Great Barrier Reef takes only 45 minutes! Surrounded by reef filled with diverse marine life, and home to a unique rainforest environment, Green Island awaits to provide you with a memorable holiday experience. Take part in all the activities that the island has to offer or relax on the beach and let your day unfold in this tropical paradise. Stroll through magical rainforest, laze on white coral sand beaches, swim, dive or snorkel …
- All Tours
- Family Friendly
- Great Adventures
- Green Island
- Island Tours
- Popular Tours in Cairns
Eco Adventure is suited for both family and friends. Enjoy your relaxing day lazing on the beach, strolling through the rainforest, and participating in a variety of activities!
With a choice of boat times, you can stay up to 7 hours on Green Island.
There are a wide range of optional activities to experience on Green Island. Scuba dive, join a snorkel excursion, and even walk underwater with Seawalker helmet diving. For an exhilarating top-side perspective of the reef, there’s parasailing and scenic helicopter flights too! There’s even the Marineland Melanesia Crocodile Habitat with daily crocodile shows.
Eco Adventure includes a choice between Glass Bottom Boat coral viewing tour OR use of Snorkelling Equipment!
Check out the Green Island Discovery Tour which includes both options.
To book, select “All Day – Available” on the booking form.
*Preferred times can be selected on the next page.
|TOUR OPERATOR||Great Adventures|
|DEPARTURE/ RETURN LOCATION||Cairns|
|DEPARTURE TIME||08:30/10:30/13:00 (Boat departure from Cairns – Green Island)|
|RETURN TIME||12:00/14:30/16:30 (Boat departure from Green Island – Cairns)|
| INCLUDED|| Air-conditioned catamaran|
Half Day or up to 7 hours on Green Island
Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
Self Guided Eco Walk
Choice of Glass Bottom Boat coral viewing tour OR use of Snorkelling Equipment
Use of island swimming pool exclusive for Great Adventures guests
Use of day visitor facilities
|WHAT TO BRING|
|SPECIAL NOTE||Cancellation 48 hours prior to departure is subject to 100% cancellation fees.|
08:00/10:00/12:30 : Check in at Reef Fleet Terminal
08:30/10:30/13:00 : Depart Cairns
09:15/11:15/13:45 : Arrive at Green Island
12:00/14:30/16:30 : Depart Green Island
12:50/15:20/17:20 : Arrive in Cairns
*Schedule is subject to change depending on the circumstances.
Boat Snorkel Trip
The boat snorkel trip gives you the opportunity to experience much more of Green Island’s amazing marine life. After a short 5-7 minutes trip offshore, you will be at one of our four beautiful dive and snorkel sites, about 1.5km from Green Island. Be ready to snorkel amongst colourful marine life and coral gardens, as our lifeguard supervises and directs you to the best areas of the site. (buoyancy vests included)
- Adult $52
- Child $36
Diving on Green Island
Scuba diving is the best way to see the reef and no experience is necessary to take a fully supervised introductory dive. Our professional and experienced PADI instructors will guide you through every aspect of your dive, allowing you to have a relaxed, enjoyable experience.
- After your introductory dive briefing which takes about 30 minutes, you’ll gear-up and then start your dive experience in the island swimming pool for a skills practice session with your instructor.
- Now you are ready for your dive adventure!
- You’ll head down to the beach where you will board our dive tender for a short boat ride, about 7 minutes offshore, to experience scuba diving at one of our four Green Island dive sites.
If you already have a dive certification, we will provide you with all your scuba gear, and an experienced dive guide to ensure maximum enjoyment, safety and to guide you to the best sites.
*Proof of certification is required C-card/Log book.
Introductory Dive: 1 Dive $172 , 2 Dives $260
Certified Dive: 1 Dive $122 , 2 Dives $178
The minimum age for Scuba Diving is 12 years.
Certain medical conditions, medications and height restrictions may preclude some people from participating in optional in-water activities. For advice, contact our reservations team.
Take to the sky and see Green Island and the reef from a whole new perspective with an exciting parasailing adventure. It’s safe fun and an exhilarating experience!
Green Island Parasailing is the most exciting activity available on your day visit to Green Island, offering the best aerial views of the beautiful region and memories that will last a lifetime.
$145 per person
The minimum age for Parasailing is 7 years of age.
- It’s quick – only 45 to 50 minutes from the briefing to being back on dry land. Learn about safety, don the helmet, walk on the seafloor – it’s that easy.
- It’s easy – no new skills to learn, no swimming and no equipment to operate.
- It’s safe – Seawalker’s guides are always in the water beside you, it’s great for non-swimmers and anyone who is not confident in the water.
- It’s low stress – no complicated equipment to use and you can wear glasses or contacts
$175 per person
The minimum age for Seawalker helmet diving is 12 years of age.
Certain medical condition, medications and height restrictions may prevent some people from participating in this activity.
Scenic Helicopter Flights
Enjoy spectacular views of Green Island and the Great Barrier Reef. Sit back, relax and enjoy this safe and exhilarating bird’s eye view of the reef. Nautilus Aviation are one of the leaders in heli-tourism with an exceptional track record of customer satisfaction and safety.The scenic flight is a great way to discover the sheer magnitude and beauty of one of the world’s most fascinating natural wonders.
10 Minute $190 per person
15 Minute $260 per person
- Passenger Weight: Individual passenger weights and accompanying carryon luggage MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variances greater than 10% may incur an additional fee. Maximum single seat payload of 110kg. For passenger comfort and aircraft weight and balance, passengers exceeding 110kg are required to purchase an additional seat at 50% of the ticket price – payable to Nautilus Aviation on the day of travel.
- A minimum of 2 passengers per aircraft required for Scenic Flights.
- *Child Rate: One (1) infant under their 3rd birthday may travel free of charge if seated on a guardian’s lap. Maximum one infant per helicopter as per CASA regulations. Child 3 years and above pay full fare.