- 1 Day Tour Packages
- All Tours
- Available Now
- Family Friendly
- Great Adventures
- Great Barrier Reef
- Green Island
- Island Tours
- Pontoon Day Trips
- Popular Tours in Cairns
This tour is perfect for a group of family and friends who would like to go on a day tour to the Great Barrier Reef as it includes everything you need to fully enjoy your experience!
The complete reef and island experience awaits with this exciting tour. Take a fast 45 minute catamaran ride to beautiful Green Island and enjoy two hours on this unique reef and rainforest coral cay. Then, you’ll depart Green Island to continue your day of adventure and discovery with 3 hours on board Great Adventures spacious activity platform moored on the majestic Outer Great Barrier Reef.
Green Island is a beautiful 6000 year old coral cay located in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park – a premier world heritage site and one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Grab your snorkel gear and head to the Lifeguard patrolled beach to explore the marine world off the beach, take a stroll thru the unique tropical rainforest, laze on the white coral sand beach or take part in some of the optional activities that Green Island has to offer.
Outer Barrier Reef
The stable reef activity platform is the perfect base for swimmers and non-swimmers to explore. Snorkel and/or dive, visit the underwater observatory, cruise in a semi-sub or just relax on the sundeck with a delicious buffet lunch. The vibrant marine life of the reef awaits you.
In addition to your included activities Great Adventures’ activity platform also has a wide range of optional activities to choose from*.
To book, select “All Day – Available” on the booking form.
|TOUR OPERATOR||Great Adventures|
|DEPARTURE/ RETURN LOCATION||Cairns|
| INCLUDED|| Morning tea & coffee served until departure|
Morning tea cake selection
Two (2) hours on Green Island
Three (3) hours on Outer Reef platform
Snorkelling equipment included at Green Island and the Outer Reef
Lycra / Stinger suit included at the Outer Reef
Use of buoyancy vests at the pontoon
Reef education presentation
Hot and cold buffet lunch
Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
Guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observation
Afternoon tea and coffee available whist at the platform
Cheese and biscuits on return journey
|OPTIONS||** Let us know which options you wish to add in the ‘Special Requirements’ box in the booking form **|
On Green Island
On Outer Reef Pontoon
Cairns Return Transfers $30 (AD) $20 (CH)
|WHAT TO BRING|
|SPECIAL NOTE||Cancellation 48 hours prior to departure is subject to 100% cancellation fees.|
08:00 : Check in at Reef Fleet Terminal
08:30 : Depart for Green Island
09:15 : Arrive at Green Island
11:15 : Depart Green Island
12:20 : Arrive at the Outer Reef Pontoon
Snorkel and/or dive, visit the underwater observatory, cruise in a semi-sub or just relax on the sundeck with a delicious buffet lunch.
The vibrant marine life of the reef awaits you!
In addition to your included activities Great Adventures’ activity platform also has a wide range of optional activities to choose from.
12:30 : Buffet Lunch
15:30 : Prepare to leave the pontoon
15:45 : Depart the pontoon
16:30 : Pick up customers from Green Island
16:45 : Depart Green Island
17:30 : Arrive in Cairns
*Schedule is subject to change depending on the circumstances.
Take to the sky and see Green Island and the reef from a whole new perspective with an exciting parasailing adventure. It’s safe fun and an exhilarating experience!
Green Island Parasailing is the most exciting activity available on your day visit to Green Island, offering the best aerial views of the beautiful region and memories that will last a lifetime.
$145 per person
The minimum age for Parasailing is 7 years of age.
- It’s quick – only 45 to 50 minutes from the briefing to being back on dry land. Learn about safety, don the helmet, walk on the seafloor – it’s that easy.
- It’s easy – no new skills to learn, no swimming and no equipment to operate.
- It’s safe – Seawalker’s guides are always in the water beside you, it’s great for non-swimmers and anyone who is not confident in the water.
- It’s low stress – no complicated equipment to use and you can wear glasses or contacts
$175 per person
The minimum age for Seawalker helmet diving is 12 years of age.
Certain medical condition, medications and height restrictions may prevent some people from participating in this activity.
Guided Snorkel Tour
For those looking for a more immersive snorkel experience, a guided snorkel tour is a great way to maximise your visit to the Great Barrier Reef.
Ideal for novice snorkellers and family groups, you will be able to swim with the fish and explore the wonders of the reef with one of our knowledgeable guides by your side.
- Adult $66
- Child $34
Introductory and Certified Diving
Scuba diving is the best way to see the reef and no experience is necessary to take a fully supervised introductory dive. Our professional and experienced PADI instructors will guide you through every aspect of your dive, allowing you to have a relaxed, enjoyable experience.
- After your introductory dive briefing which takes about 30 minutes, you’ll gear-up and then start your dive experience in the island swimming pool for a skills practice session with your instructor.
- Now you are ready for your dive adventure!
- You’ll head down to the beach where you will board our dive tender for a short boat ride, about 7 minutes offshore, to experience scuba diving at one of our four Green Island dive sites.
If you already have a dive certification, we will provide you with all your scuba gear, and an experienced dive guide to ensure maximum enjoyment, safety and to guide you to the best sites.
*Proof of certification is required C-card/Log book.
Introductory Dive: 1 Dive $172 , 2 Dives $260
Certified Dive: 1 Dive $122 , 2 Dives $178
The minimum age for Scuba Diving is 12 years.
Certain medical conditions, medications and height restrictions may preclude some people from participating in optional in-water activities. For advice, contact our reservations team.
Great Adventures’ platform on the Great Barrier Reef is the only place in Australia where you can cruise the reef on your own underwater scooter! No experience is necessary and non-swimmers welcome. It’s great fun and your professional guide will take you on an underwater journey to remember.
$170 per person
The minimum age for Scuba Doo is 12 years.
Certain medical conditions, medications and height restrictions may preclude some people from participating in optional in-water activities. For advice, contact our office.
For more info, visit http://www.scubadoocairns.com.au/
Scenic Helicopter Flights
Enjoy spectacular views of the Great Barrier Reef. Sit back, relax and enjoy this safe and exhilarating bird’s eye view of the reef. Nautilus Aviation are one of the leaders in heli-tourism with an exceptional track record of customer satisfaction and safety.
The scenic flight is a great way to discover the sheer magnitude and beauty of one of the world’s most fascinating natural wonders.
$190 per person
- Passenger Weight: Individual passenger weights and accompanying carryon luggage MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variances greater than 10% may incur an additional fee. Maximum single seat payload of 110kg. For passenger comfort and aircraft weight and balance, passengers exceeding 110kg are required to purchase an additional seat at 50% of the ticket price – payable to Nautilus Aviation on the day of travel.
- A minimum of 2 passengers per aircraft required for Scenic Flights.
- *Child Rate: One (1) infant under their 3rd birthday may travel free of charge if seated on a guardian’s lap. Maximum one infant per helicopter as per CASA regulations. Child 3 years and above pay full fare.