A Cape Tribulation day tour is something you must add to your Tropical North Queensland holiday. Amazing natural beauty and destinations, ancient rainforest flora and fauna, wide rivers and sandy beaches, are just the beginning.
This is a full, fun adventure day tour which departs daily from Cairns or Port Douglas. Travel is in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach and commentary is provided by friendly, knowledgeable guides who are committed to your satisfaction. Whether you’re a youth traveler, flying solo or visiting with your spouse and/or friends, with or without children, this destination and tour has something for everyone.
The day tour is is broken into four main components and spends typically an hour at each point.
- A guided rainforest walk on a National Park boardwalk north of the Daintree River in the Cape Tribulation section of the Daintree National Park. Will visit Jindalba or Marrdja Boardwalks.
- Visit the Kulki day use area at Cape Tribulation Beach. This gives us direct access onto the main Cape Tribulation beach and the lookout, which is located a short walk away on the headland of Cape Tribulation. You can enjoy lunch here at one of the picnic tables, or sit on the beach and have it experiencing panoramic views.
If you do not order lunch with us, make sure you bring your own with you. There are no stops along the way where you can purchase.
- Join a crocodile spotting and nature cruise on the Daintree River on the only eco-accredited crocodile cruise company that operates on the Daintree River. After the cruise afternoon refreshments will be served.
- Visit the Mossman Gorge. Depending on conditions there is an opportunity to have a swim in the crystal clear waters of the gorge. So do bring swimmers if you want to have a swim! There is free time here to walk around and enjoy the scenery on your own.
There are also two lookouts that we stop at during the tour. One north of the river which looks south from the top of the Alexandra range. The other is located half way between Port Douglas and Cairns.
To book, select “All Day – Available” on the booking form.
|TOUR OPERATOR||Cape Trib Connections|
|DEPARTURE / RETURN LOCATION||Cairns|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Approx. 07:30|
|RETURN TIME||Approx 18:30|
| INCLUDED|| Stop at Alexandra Range lookout|
Guided walk on boardwalk
Cape Tribulation Beach (location for lunch)
Daintree Ice Cream (time permitting)
Wildlife crocodile spotting cruise
Rex Look out
|WHAT TO BRING|
Approx. 07:30 : Pick up at accommodation
Places to visit
- The Cape Tribulation (Daintree Rainforest)
- The Alexandra Range Lookout
- The Marrdja or Jindalba Boardwalk
- The Cape Tribulation Beach and the picnic area next to the beach.
- The Daintree River.
- The Daintree Ice-Cream Company
- Crocodile/Wildlife spotting cruise
- The Mossman Gorge
- Rex Range lookout
Approx. 18:30 : Back to Cairns
*Schedule is subject to change depending on the circumstances.